Under Pressure...
Or, high pressure, actually... Last Thursday Jess and I had the weekly appointment. However this week it was different....it was in the afternoon. It was after a long days work. Jess always comes home tired, worn out, stressed out, just basically wiped out...so, as always they take her weight, blood pressure and everything else...
In addition to being in the afternoon this week's appoint was different, as Jessica's stress of the day showed up on her blood pressure reading. This could easily be pregnancy induced rise in the BP, or it could have just been normal stress related/due to a busy day at the office. Regardless, it isn't safe for Summer, and the doctor told her she is DONE with work. She was ordered on immediate bed rest. This week our appointment is on Wednesday, instead of our normal Thursday, so that's good, as she'll get tested a little sooner. We're hoping the bed rest lowers the BP and it was just normal stress of the day. But, since high BP is bad for baby, work is still not an option, as her BP rising and falling everyday is also no good.
So, Jess is home, resting, reading and watching trash TV. We went to the mall (a little walking was allowed by the doc) and got her 5 books to read...which should take her about a week to read, at the most (she is already done with 1.5 of them)...unless she watches LOTSA trash TV...Jess loves her Montel, Maury, Jerry and Rickey!! Are there others? Other shows are COPS, any court show, Dance 360, Elimidate, etc....and, yes, she loves Discovery with all the medical wonders and animal shows...she'll stay rested. :-) Probably have to skip the last day of Lamze tonight, we'll call later and find out if we should go, it is just a wrap up and review session.
I didn't finish the bathroom as I wanted...I was kind of lazy. Lying around with her, taking a nap Sunday, watching movies, read a book myself... Did bring in the new vanity top, looks like it will work out just fine. Hopefully tonight I can sand/paint the baseboards and paint the door and touch all of that up. Then in a day or so I can put up the towel rods and such things, so the bathroom proper will be done. Sand and prep around the sink a little bit tonight, too, I hope. Should be completely done by next weekend. So, that's another reason to hope Jess' high BP is under control, so I have more time to finish that last project.
If her BP is high, what happens? Well, we will be sent immediately to Labor and Delivery and Jessica will be admitted and given a shot of Pitocin. Neither of us want the increased pain of pitocin induced contractions, however, so, please wish Jessica good low blood pressure thoughts!
So, Summer...if you are causing the high BP, I guess that just means you are ready to come out and we'll see you Wednesday!!! If you aren't the cause, we'll see you soon! Going to take one final (most likley) Belly picture tonight. I'll put it up, along with a composited picture with all 5 photos we've taken...to show off your growth. You seem to be a big/LONG girl!
In addition to being in the afternoon this week's appoint was different, as Jessica's stress of the day showed up on her blood pressure reading. This could easily be pregnancy induced rise in the BP, or it could have just been normal stress related/due to a busy day at the office. Regardless, it isn't safe for Summer, and the doctor told her she is DONE with work. She was ordered on immediate bed rest. This week our appointment is on Wednesday, instead of our normal Thursday, so that's good, as she'll get tested a little sooner. We're hoping the bed rest lowers the BP and it was just normal stress of the day. But, since high BP is bad for baby, work is still not an option, as her BP rising and falling everyday is also no good.
So, Jess is home, resting, reading and watching trash TV. We went to the mall (a little walking was allowed by the doc) and got her 5 books to read...which should take her about a week to read, at the most (she is already done with 1.5 of them)...unless she watches LOTSA trash TV...Jess loves her Montel, Maury, Jerry and Rickey!! Are there others? Other shows are COPS, any court show, Dance 360, Elimidate, etc....and, yes, she loves Discovery with all the medical wonders and animal shows...she'll stay rested. :-) Probably have to skip the last day of Lamze tonight, we'll call later and find out if we should go, it is just a wrap up and review session.
I didn't finish the bathroom as I wanted...I was kind of lazy. Lying around with her, taking a nap Sunday, watching movies, read a book myself... Did bring in the new vanity top, looks like it will work out just fine. Hopefully tonight I can sand/paint the baseboards and paint the door and touch all of that up. Then in a day or so I can put up the towel rods and such things, so the bathroom proper will be done. Sand and prep around the sink a little bit tonight, too, I hope. Should be completely done by next weekend. So, that's another reason to hope Jess' high BP is under control, so I have more time to finish that last project.
If her BP is high, what happens? Well, we will be sent immediately to Labor and Delivery and Jessica will be admitted and given a shot of Pitocin. Neither of us want the increased pain of pitocin induced contractions, however, so, please wish Jessica good low blood pressure thoughts!
So, Summer...if you are causing the high BP, I guess that just means you are ready to come out and we'll see you Wednesday!!! If you aren't the cause, we'll see you soon! Going to take one final (most likley) Belly picture tonight. I'll put it up, along with a composited picture with all 5 photos we've taken...to show off your growth. You seem to be a big/LONG girl!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home